- 6 pm
- 1st and 3rd Monday of each month.
- Borough Hall
420 S. 10th Street
Emmaus, PA 18049
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
It is comprised of seven members, each elected at large for four-year overlapping terms. After each general municipal election (i.e. every two years), Borough Council is reorganized and a Council President is selected from among members to preside over Council meetings and other events.
Brent A. LabenbergCouncil President
Chris DeFrainCouncil Vice President
Roy D. Anders Jr.Councilman
Shana L. BaumgarnterCouncilwoman
John W. HartCouncilman
Borough Council is the legislative body of the Borough.
The primary duties of Borough Council include
- Adoption of the annual budget
- Establishment of policies for the conduct of Borough affairs
- Enactment of ordinances and resolutions for the protection of the public’s safety and welfare
- Approval of contracts and bids
Council is also responsible for the appointment of the Borough Manager and other respective officials, along with members of various municipal boards and commissions.
During the biennial organizational meeting, the President of Council assigns each council member to the committees they will serve on: