Are you moving to Emmaus? Are you thinking about moving to Emmaus? Are you thinking about opening a business in Emmaus? If so, we hope this page can give you the information you need to help you make that decision and guide you in the right direction. This page is intended to tell you "all you need to know about Emmaus", or at least some of the major items you should know. Emmaus is a wonderful blend of old-school traditions and modern-day living that appeals to nearly every lifestyle.
Check out our community videos for more great information about our community.
Emmaus New Resident Checklist
- All residents moving in and out of the Borough are required to obtain a moving permit (PDF).
- If you are performing renovations, construction, or remodeling, please contact the Codes Enforcement Office for requirements at 610-967-1322
- Check out the other sections of our website, as we provide many useful requirements, tools, resources, events, and happenings in the Borough.
- Check out our Borough newsletter. Delivered to your door once per quarter. However, if you need a copy, please visit Borough Hall.
- There are multiple types of taxes in the Borough of Emmaus including school property tax, which usually comes out in June or July. Borough property tax, and county property tax, which usually come out at the beginning of April. There is also a per capita tax, business privilege tax, and other typical wage taxes. Check out the Tax Collector page.
- There is Borough-wide refuse and recycling. Check out our Refuse and Recycling page for details.