Curbside Leaf Collection
Curbside leaf collection will begin on Monday, October 23, 2023 and continue through Friday, December 8, 2023. The Borough is unable to set specific pick-up dates for leaf-collection for individual streets. The Borough recommends having your leaves raked to the curb at the beginning of each week. Once the Public Works Department has made a pass through your street, they will not return until the following week. The Public Works Department will collect leaves 2x a week for 6 weeks during the fall season. Please be advised that if the Borough encounters winter weather and must plow, any leaves in the road will be plowed. Every attempt will be made to clean the roads prior to winter. For FINAL COLLECTION the week of December 4th through December 8th, please have your leaves to the curb by Monday morning, December 4th. Once we have made our final pass on your street, we will not return.
- If there are low hanging branches overhanging the roadway, the Borough's leaf truck may not be able to pick up the leaves. Please make sure that all overhanging branches are trimmed prior to winter.
- Please rake all leaves to the curb into long narrow rows not more than 18" into the road. Leaves placed on the sidewalk will not be collected. The Public Works Department will not empty bags or other containers; this is the responsibility of the resident. Branches, shrubbery, grass, garbage, dog waste, and other building materials will not be collected.
- Leaves will not be collected on private property. If leaves are not in place when the crews go by, they will be picked up on the following round through the Borough. No "return trips" will be made to pick them up.
- Residents who have areas designated as "No Parking" (yellow painted curbs) are encouraged to pile leaves at these locations for easier pick up.
- Piles with anything other than leaves will not be picked up. These objects will cause damage to the leaf pickup units and put them out of service at a great expense of time and money to the Borough and its residents.
- Do no place tarps over your leaves. The Public Works Department will bypass them, and they will not be collected.
- To help facilitate the picking up of the leaves, please keep all vehicles away from the area where the leaves are piled. The Public Works Department will not rake piles of leaves out from between parked cars or from under them.
- Do not pile leaves on or around storm drains as this will cause flooding issues and create unsafe driving conditions.
- Please do not place leaves out prior to the starting date! @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>